Gabriel is a tech startup based in Rio de Janeiro.
We named our company after the guardian angel to solve one of Latin America's most significant challenges: your everyday safety and peace of mind. At Gabriel, We Protect People.
The company provides a subscription service directly to users, residential buildings, and street-facing shops, including a smart street patrol performed by its female-only force of guard angels; on-demand protection and tracking services; as well as video-monitoring intelligent cameras.
All combined to improve citizens safety and peace of mind.
About the Role:
It is clear that building a world-class product in such an industry badly asking for disruption is going to be a difficult and exciting challenge. For that reason, we're looking for a Gabigol-level electronic engineer to join us in this endeavor. We want you to own and be one of the leaders in solving our camera and IoT hardware challenges.
Main Initial Responsibilities and Expectations:
- You shall be responsible to manage the interchange of data between the server and the cameras using ARM, Raspberry Pi or Arduino implementations; and integrate the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application;
- Develop all microcontroller-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the devices, as well as ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the cameras; having strong skill in technical agile practices like pair programming, mob programming;
- Extensive experience programming (microcontrollers OR computer processors) is expected;
- In addition to a good knowledge of device connections and soldering for prototyping; you should also have some understanding of board layout creation, production, cabinet choice, assemblage, and final testing.
- Above market total compensation;
- Full-time Brazilian CLT contract (13⅓ salaries, 30 calendar days per year of paid leave, etc.);
- Stock options for senior employees;
- Employment benefits: transportation allowance (vale transporte) without deductions from gross salary + above-market daily food allowance (vale refeição) + very good private health plan (national coverage, no co-pay, best private hospitals covered);
- Employment location: Leblon, Rio de Janeiro (physically at the office, limited remote during work in the initial stages of the company).